(for existing information vendors that have real-time datafeeds and wish to apply other real-time datafeeds under the Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement)
1. An application is deemed to have been formally lodged with HKEX-IS when the information vendor (IV) formally submitted a Form A2. A letter of acknowledgement (“Letter A2”) of the submission of Form A2 will be issued.
2. After the Form A2 is considered duly completed, HKEX-IS will issue a confirmation letter (“Letter B2”) to the IV. Upon receipt of Letter B2, the IV is required to:
i) Pay the deposit required for the real-time Datafeed(s); and
ii) Complete the SD Net Line Application Form (applicable to IV that requires direct connection).
The IV has to provide all information required under Form A2 and to pay the deposit required normally within a period of 2 months from the date of Letter A2. HKEX-IS may grant an extension of no longer than 1 months on the merit of individual cases at the request of the IV. Otherwise, the application will lapse. Same Datafeed application from such IV will not be considered within 6 months from the lapse date
The application will be presented to the senior management for approval upon receipt of the deposit and the information required under Letter B2; result of the application will normally be available in two weeks
3. If the IV decided to withdraw its application after the deposit payment, an application processing fee of $50,000 per Datafeed will be deducted from its deposit payment and the balance will be refunded to the IV.
4. For IVs that chooses to receive the data indirectly, Schedule 3 and Schedule 4 Memorandum of Permitted Purpose (MOPP) of the Market Data Vendor Licence will be issued to the IV once the deposit payment is received.
5. For IVs that chooses to receive the data directly from HKEX-IS systems, a Provisional Approval Letter will be issued and the approval will be conditional upon the applicant’s successful completion of the systems’ Certification Test. The Certification Test must be completed normally within 4 months from the issuance of the Provisional Approval Letter. Extension of the certification period may be considered and granted by HKEX-IS on a case by case basis. Schedule 3 and Schedule 4 MOPP of the Market Data Vendor Licence will be issued to the IV upon the completion of its Certification Test.
6. Datafeed Commencement Date: For IV applying for indirect connection, the datafeed commencement date must be within 4 months from the date of Letter A2. For IV applying for direct connection, the datafeed commencement date must be within 8 months from the date of Letter A2.