(for existing information vendors that have delayed datafeeds and/or Issuer Information Feed Servcie (IIS) only and wish to apply real-time datafeeds under the Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement)
1. An application is deemed to have been formally lodged with HKEX-IS when the information vendor (IV) formally submitted a Form A2 together with the financial information (including latest audited financials statement/annual report and official/certified documents on latest shareholders’ equities and paid-up capital etc). A letter of acknowledgement (“Letter A2”) of the submission of Form A2 will be issued.
2. After the Form A2 is considered duly completed and at the preliminary assessment by HKEX-IS that the applicant is fit for the subscription of real-time Datafeeds, HKEX-IS will issue a confirmation letter (“Letter B2”) to the IV. Upon receipt of Letter B2, the IV is required to:
i) Pay the deposit required for the type(s) of Datafeed; and
ii) Complete the SD Net Line Application Form (applicable to vendor that requires direct connection).
The IV has to provide all information required under Form A2 and to pay the deposit required normally within a period of 4 months from the date of Letter A2. HKEX-IS may grant an extension of no longer than 2 months on the merit of individual cases at the request of the IV. Otherwise, the application will lapse. Same Datafeed application from such IV will not be considered within 6 months after from the lapse date.
The application will be presented to the senior management for approval upon receipt of the deposit and the information required under Letter B2; result of the application will normally be available in two weeks.
3. If the IV decided to withdraw its datafeed application after the deposit payment, an application processing fee of $50,000 per Datafeed will be deducted from its deposit payment and the balance will be refunded to the applicant.
4. For IV that chooses to receive the data indirectly, Schedule 3 and Schedule 4 Memorandum of Permitted Purpose (MOPP) of the Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement will be issued to the IV once its application is approved.
5. For IV that chooses to receive the data directly from HKEX-IS systems, a Provisional Approval Letter will be issued and the approval will be conditional upon the IV’s successful completion of the systems’ Certification Test for the Datafeed. The Certification Test must be completed normally within 4 months from the issuance of the Provisional Approval Letter. Extension of the certification period may be considered and granted by HKEX-IS on a case by case basis. Schedule 3 and Schedule 4 MOPP of the Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement will be issued to the IV upon the completion of its Certification Test.
6. Datafeed Commencement Date: For IV applying for indirect connection, the datafeed commencement date must be within 6 months from the date of Letter A2. For IV applying for direct connection, the datafeed commencement date must be within 10 months from the date of Letter A2.