1. These terms and conditions govern your use of Aiden provided by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (“HKEX” or “We”, which includes our successors and assigns). BY CLICKING “I AGREE” AND USING AIDEN, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Changes to these terms and condition
2. We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion. By continuing to use Aiden following any new amendment, you will be deemed as accepting the amended terms.
Intellectual property rights
3. All rights, title, interests, logos, and service marks of Aiden are exclusively owned by HKEX. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to use any of them for any purpose.
4. You agree that by uploading, submitting, posting or transmitting data, materials or information via your use of Aiden, you grant HKEX a worldwide perpetual irrevocable non-exclusive royalty free and sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, publish, create derivative work from, translate, transmit, host and disseminate your content in any media, technology, or form. We reserve the right (but shall have no obligation) to remove, pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify or refuse any of your content, at our sole discretion.
Third party materials
5. You acknowledge and agree that HKEX has no responsibility or liability for any materials or information uploaded, posted or submitted by or sourced from a third party and has no obligation to actively monitor them. HKEX does not verify or make any warranties or representation in relation to any of those materials and information. You use or rely on these materials and information at your own risk.
6. Chat with Aiden may include hyperlinks to third party websites or web pages. Use of these hyperlinks to any external website or web page is at your own risk. HKEX and/or its subsidiaries are not responsible for the contents of or any of the information on any such linked website.
7. You agree that you will not disclose any personal information, including any account number, internet username, personal identification number, password or identity card number, in your use of Aiden.
8. You agree that you will not copy, modify, reproduce, download, re-publish, sell, distribute, create derivative works from or resell any content of or chat with Aiden in whole or in part.
9. You agree to use Aiden or any content of it in accordance with these terms and conditions and not to use them in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any applicable laws or promotes illegal activities, or that contravenes or infringes any rights of HKEX or any other persons.
10. You agree and shall be solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under these terms and conditions or for your actions or omissions, and HKEX has no responsibility to you or any other persons because of your breach, actions or omissions.
11. Aiden is an automated service, and any information provided or any response from or chat with Aiden is for general reference only and is not intended to be comprehensive, or to be construed in any way as an advice, opinion or any regulatory response.
12. HKEX and/or its subsidiaries disclaims any conditions or warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to Aiden or any content of it. Without prejudice to the foregoing, HKEX and/or its subsidiaries makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, quality, completeness, timeliness, adequacy, security, reliability or validity of Aiden or any content of it, and that any error or defects in Aiden or any content of it will be timely corrected or at all.
13. HKEX and/or its subsidiaries accept no liability (whether in tort or contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from any inaccuracy or omission or from any decision, action or non-action based on or in reliance upon information provided or response from or chat with Aiden.
14. You can stop using Aiden at any time and we have the right to suspend and terminate your access to and use of Aiden at any time at our sole discretion and without notice.
15. We may store the information you input in your use of Aiden and use technology like cookies to monitor, analyse, promote and improve the chatting experience and service.
16. Information may be processed and stored by HKEX and authorised third parties, which may include processing overseas.
17. When you use Aiden, we may collect and process information about your location. We may use this location information to tailor our services to your current location.
18. These terms and conditions (including its interpretation and any disputes relating to it) shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong, and that you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
19. If any of these terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, it shall be severed and the remaining terms will continue to be in full force and effect, and as if they have been varied without the invalid, illegal or unenforceable terms.
20. No delay or omission by HKEX to exercise or avail itself of any right, power or privilege that it has or may have under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver of any breach or default by you. Any waiver of HKEX to any breach or default by you of these terms and conditions must be in writing and that it shall not be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or any other provisions.
21. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any other person. HKEX may transfer its rights and obligations to any person without your consent.
Entire agreement and third party rights
22. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and HKEX with respect to the use of the Aiden and the content of it. No person other than you and HKEX will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions under these terms and conditions.
23. Should there be any inconsistency or conflict between the English and any Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.