Applicable to Market Data Licence Agreement.
(for real-time datafeed applicants)
||Submission of Form A1, Form A2 and Form A3
Applicants are required to submit duly completed application forms including:
(A letter of acknowledgement (“Letter A1”) will be issued to the applicant to acknowledge the receipt of the submission of the application forms.)
- Vendor Application Form for Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement (Form A1),
- Datafeed Application Form for Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement (Form A2); and
- Service Application Form for Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement (Form A3)
||Documents to be submitted together with Form A1, Form A2 and Form A3:
The following documents/information are required for licence application:
- Core business and company profile;
- Certificate of incorporation and business registration. (For Applicant who plans to redistribute information in the Mainland China, please make sure you have obtained proper Licences and complied with relevant regulation requirements in the Mainland China.)
- An Applicant who is not a Participant of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Futures Exchange, the Hong Kong Securities Clearing Company, the HKFE Clearing Corporation or the SEHK Options Clearing House (collectively hereinafter referred to as "HKEX EP/CP") must have a paid-up capital (fully paid in cash) of no less than HK$ 7,500,000. The minimum paid-up capital requirement for an Applicant who is a HKEX EP/CP is $5 million. Capital in share premium is not acceptable.
- Organization structure - chart showing member companies associated with the Applicant with annotation on: (1) percentage of shareholding and (2) if any of the member or affiliate companies are an Exchange Participant of HKEX. Please also provide the respective trading right IDs.
- Certified/official documents on latest shareholders’ equities/paid-up capital of the applicant company and Latest audited financial statement/annual report of the applicant company. If the Applicant is financially supported mainly by its holding company, please also provide the financial report of the holding company.
||Payment of deposit
After the Form A1, Form A2 and Form A3 are considered duly, a confirmation letter (“Letter B1”) will be issued to the applicant to require the applicant to pay the applicable deposit. The minimum deposit requirement for real-time securities market data is HK$200,000 per Datafeed and HK$100,000 per Datafeed for real-time derivatives market data. There is no minimum deposit requirement for fixed fee services including IIS and delayed datafeeds .
The minimum deposit will be fully refunded (without interest) to the applicant if its application is rejected. However, if the applicant itself decided to withdraw its application after the issuance of Letter B1, an application processing fee of $50,000 per Datafeed will be deducted from its deposit and the balance will be refunded (without interest) to the applicant.
|If you would like to obtain a copy of the Vendor Application Form for Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement (Form A1), Datafeed Application Form for Market Data Licence Agreement (Form A2) and Service Application Form for Market Data Vendor Licence Agreement (Form A3) and apply for the vendor licence, please send brief description of your planned service and contact details by email to: email@example.com
Applicant can choose to receive the data directly from HKEX or indirectly from a vendor. For applicant that chooses to receive the data indirectly must source the data from a vendor who has dual live direct connection with HKEX.