(Please also see Chapter 3 of the Rules of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited ("SEHK"))
The requirements of Exchange Participantship of SEHK are as follows :-
- be a company limited by shares incorporated in Hong Kong.
- hold at least one Stock Exchange Trading Right.
- be a licenced corporation licenced under section 116(1) of the Securities and Futures Ordinance ("SFO") to carry on
Type 1 regulated activity under the SFO.
- hold a valid business registration certificate under the BRO.
- have all licensed representatives who have been approved by the SFC under Part V of the SFO as responsible officers
in relation to Type 1 regulated activity registered as Responsible Officers. At all times, an Exchange Participant shall
have at least one executive director registered with SEHK as a Responsible Officer.
- comply with the financial resources requirements specified in the Securities and Futures (Financial Resources) Rules
made by the SFC under the SFO and where applicable, the financial resources requirements made under SEHK Rule
- become a Clearing Participant of CCASS if it intends to clear its own Exchange Trades and shall comply at all times
with the CCASS Rules; or have a valid, binding and effective CCASS Clearing Agreement with a General Clearing
Participant (“GCP”) of CCASS if it intends to clear its Exchange Trades through a GCP of CCASS.