|| Copper - Grade A as defined in the rules and regulations of The London Metal Exchange from time to time
| HKATS Code
| Contract Size
|| 5 tonnes
| Trading Currency
| Contract Months
|| Spot Month and the next eleven calendar months
| Minimum Fluctuation
|| RMB 10.00 per tonne
| Trading Hours1
(Hong Kong Time)
| 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (day trading session) and
5:15 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. the next morning (after-hours trading session)
|Trading Hours on
Last Trading Day
(Hong Kong Time)
|9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (day trading session) and
5:15 p.m. to 7:35 p.m. (after-hours trading session during British Summer Time)
5:15 p.m. to 8:35 p.m. (after-hours trading session outside British Summer Time)
| Last Trading Day
| The LTD determined by the LME for its Copper Futures (i.e. Usually two business days before the third Wednesday of the Spot Month). If it is not a Hong Kong Business Day, the LTD shall be the immediately preceding HK Business Day
| Final Settlement Price
|| Shall be a whole number, determined by the Clearing House, and shall be the Official Settlement Price determined and published by the LME for its Copper Futures, and converted to RMB equivalent using the USD/CNY(HK) Spot Rate published by the Treasury Markets Association in Hong Kong at or around 11:30 a.m. Hong Kong time on the Last Trading Day. It is rounded up if the figure in the first decimal place is 5 or above and rounded down if it is below 5
| Settlement Type
| Holiday Schedule
|| Follow HKFE holiday schedule
| Exchange Fee2
(per contract per side)
| RMB 3.00
| Settlement Fee (per lot)
| Commission Levy
|| RMB 0.44**
|Investor Compensation Levy3
|The collection of Investor Compensation Levy is currently suspended and no person is required to pay since 2005.
| Commission Rate
| Calendar spreads
|| Cover Spot Month and the nearest11 serial month
1. There is no trading after 12:30 p.m. on the eves of Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year. The trading hours on those three days shall be 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. There is no after-hours trading session if it is a bank holiday in the United Kingdom, the United States and the People’s Republic of China
2. The amount indicated above is subject to change by the Exchange from time to time
** The RMB equivalent of HK$0.54 per contract at the exchange rate determined by the Exchange from time to time
3. Investor Compensation Levy
- If the SFC is to publish a termination of exemption notice, the effective date of the reinstatement of the ICL, if any, shall not be earlier than 2 months after the date of such publication.
- EPs are reminded to take all necessary actions to prepare for the ICL calculation and payment of ICL via HKEX in case the ICL is reinstated by the SFC, including enhancing their HKATS Application Programming Interface, back office systems, relevant applications and operational facilities.
Please note the following disclaimers and copyright notice regarding information provided on the Treasury Markets Association (TMA)'s website:
a. The price fixings and reference rates on the TMA’s website are provided with delays for general information purposes. While the TMA will make all reasonable efforts to ensure a continuous, accurate and timely service, the TMA and other data providers make no warranties, representations or undertakings, expressed or implied by law or otherwise, in relation to the price fixings and reference rates and are not responsible for any errors or omissions, or losses caused by disruptions in the service or late publication of the daily rates or inaccuracy of the daily rates or otherwise arising from the use of or reliance on the price fixings and reference rates. By viewing or downloading these rates, you implicitly accept this disclaimer and agree to its terms.
b. The TMA shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any use or reliance on any of the information provided on its website.
c. The content available on the TMA’s website, including but not limited to all text, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs and compilation of data or other materials, are protected by copyright. The TMA is the owner of all copyright works contained in its website. The information or part of it may be re-disseminated or reproduced provided the source of the information is acknowledged and that the re-dissemination or reproduction is for a non-commercial purpose.