Non-IP Participants can use their Delegated Administrator and end user smartcards at C3T installed overseas. Depending on the administration rights assigned, Delegated Administrators can change, delete user profile and reset smartcard password of end users.
However, end user addition and user profile maintenance as well as reset smartcard password of Delegated Administrators can only be performed by HKEX. As the original copy of instructions and smartcards are required by HKEX for processing, Participants must ensure such documents are received by HKEX in time to effect the instructions.
Given below is a list of examples of documents required for different types of requests. This is not an exhaustive list.
1. for change and deletion of Delegated Administrator, original copy of authorized request forms are required;
2. for resetting Delegated Administrator smartcard password, Delegated Administrator smartcard has to be returned in addition to the original copy of authorized request forms;
3. for associating new user profile to reused smartcard, reused smartcard has to be returned in addition to the original copy of authorized request forms;
4. for ordering of new smartcards and readers, HKD cheque drawn by the Participant is required in addition to the original copy of authorized request forms;
5. in any case, the original copy of Letter of Authorization for Collection is required for HKEX to release smartcards and smartcard passwords to Participant’s authorized personnel as stated in the Letter and who should collect in person.
For technical details related to installing C3T overseas, please refer to CCASS/3 – Frequently Asked Questions at http://www.hkex.com.hk/Global/Exchange/FAQ/Securities-Market/Clearing-and-Settlement/CCASS-3?sc_lang=en