Followings are some tips:
- Make sure the web site is using SSL technology for data transmission.
- Click the 'lock' icon at the bottom of your browser to check the server digital certificate. This can assure that you are visiting the right web site.
- Once you have created an Internet User ID and Internet User Password, do not disclose the password to anyone and do not write down or record the password without disguising it.
- There is an 'auto complete' function available for Internet Explorer user, which may save your web password entries in browser. It means a potential leakage of your passwords to unauthorized parties. So, it is recommended to disable this feature:
1. In the 'Tools' from the menu bar, choose 'Internet Options'.
2. Click the 'AutoComplete...' button.
3. Uncheck the 'User names and passwords on forms' checkbox.
4. If necessary, click the 'Clear Forms' and 'Clear Passwords' to clear all previously saved entries.
- It is risky to conduct transaction using a PC at public area. It is because the PC may contain hacking program that can capture your personal information.